December 25: CHRISTMAS DAY.
CONTEMPLATING THE BIRTH OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST
Let us all rejoice in the Lord, for our Savior has been born in the world. Today true peace has come down to us from heaven.
- The Joy of Christmas.
- Contemplate on the Lessons which God teaches us from the Crib
- Jesus looks for a shelter in your heart.
We joyfully proclaim in the Entrance Antiphon of today’s Midnight Mass. After 4 weeks of preparation for this most important event in the history of humanity, today the entire Church and Christian world are filled with joy and gratitude to the Most Holy Trinity, to Mother Mary, and to St. Joseph, as we finally commemorate the Birth of Our Lord Jesus Christ, King and Savior.
- God is with us! God is here! And this truth which is the reason of our joy and hope, should pervade every moment of our existence, convinced that God’s Immense Love for each one of us is ever-ready to do what is necessary to lead us to never-ending happiness and to eternal life. He is with us always and He will never abandon us!
“This day shall light shine upon us; for the Lord is born to us, and he will be called Wondrous God, Prince of peace, Father of future ages: his reign will be without end.”
“This is the great announcement that moves Christians today. God is here. This truth should fill our lives, and every Christmas should be for us a new and special meeting with God, when we allow his light and grace to enter deep into our soul
(St. Josemaria, Christ is Passing By, n. 12).”
We will be more aware of God’s immense love for us, and hence make this Christmas a new and special meeting with God, if we contemplate and enter into the true Nativity of Christ so as to receive Jesus’ grace of love, mercy, intimacy and tenderness, as Pope Francis said recently.
For this, it is necessary to pause and dedicate some time to contemplate in our personal prayer the lessons God wants to teach us from the crib, so as to know Our Lord more and love Him better.
- Josemaria used to say the Bethlehem is the SCHOOL where the Child Jesus wants to teach us a lot of lessons.
- It is not insignificant that God chose to be born in a small, unknown city, more so in a damp and dark stable, for there was no room for Him at the inn.
- He could have chosen a palace or mansion, or could have come into the world with all the ostentation, pomp, vainglory and luxury if He had wanted to, but no, He chose instead to assume humility, poverty, suffering, so as to show us how much He loves us, and to show us the right path which leads to authentic happiness and glory.
- He, as the Son of God, could have come imposing himself with authority and might, but no. He came as a vulnerable, defenseless, helpless Babe, in dire need of the love and care from Mary and Joseph, perhaps to make us aware that he begs from each one of us the love and affection which we could freely give Him.
- Baby Jesus chose to come into the world in a family to teach us that salvation arises from the loving environment of a home, with the good example of their parents who, like Mary and Joseph, know how to give themselves totally to serve God and to put him at the center of their lives.
Dear friends, “Jesus was born in a cave in Bethlehem because, Sacred Scripture tells us, “there was no room for them in the inn.” I am not departing from theological truth when I say that Jesus is still looking for shelter in your heart (St. Josemaria, Forge 274).”
- Let us then ask God through the help of Our Lady and St. Joseph so that like them we, too, may” allow his light and grace to enter deep into our soul” .
- Lord, give us have the courage to put Jesus at the center of our life and strive daily to love Him, live for him and identify ourselves with Him, with the help of His Grace and our daily correspondence, till we arrive at the plenitude of charity and life of our condition as children of God in Our Lord Jesus Christ.
O God, who wonderfully created the dignity of human nature and still more wonderfully restored it, grant, we pray, that we may share in the divinity of Christ who humbled himself to share in our humanity. Who lives and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
A Holy and Happy Christmas
to you and your loved ones!
Please do us the kind favor of liking our Facebook page so we could reach and help more people. Thanks and God bless!
Fr. Rolly Arjonillo, Catholics striving for Holiness.
AUDIO CREDIT AND SOURCE: Joy to the World, rendition by Kaleb Brasee https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-qpRa-sWKg. With permission, Thanks Kaleb!
Child Jesus in https://k60.kn3.net/taringa/7/B/A/1/6/2/Magno_Intelecto/37A.jpg;
Candles in http://www.wallpapervortex.com/wallpaper-38529_christmas_christmas_candles.html#.WFpjDBvhDDc. NACIMIENTO DE XTO.-Carlo Maratta.-BARROCO in https://catholicsstrivingforholiness.files.wordpress.com/2016/12/116d9-nacimiento2bde2bxto-carlo2bmaratta-barroco.jpg. Lorenzo-Lotto-Adoration-of-the-Shepherds-2- in https://collegara.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/lotto_adorazione_dei_pastori_00.jpg. Adoración de los pastores 1668 – Francisco Rizi in https://catholicsstrivingforholiness.files.wordpress.com/2016/12/5d4a0-adoracic3b3n2bde2blos2bpastores2b16682b-2bfrancisco2brizi.jpg