OUR LADY OF THE HOLY ROSARY
Miracles attributed to Our Lady of the Holy Rosary. The 15 Promises of Our Lady to those who pray the Holy Rosary. Guide to pray the Holy Rosary
Dear friends, Happy Feast Day of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary! Today, as we thank Our Lady for her maternal and powerful intercession all throughout these centuries of man’s existence, especially during the Battle of Lepanto, I also thought of sharing to you some famous miracles attributed to the intercession of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary which I took from http://miraculousrosary.blogspot.com.es/p/famous-rosary-miracles.html
Of course there are many other personal testimonies of miracles attributed to Our Lady and her maternal intervention in the course of human history as well, some examples of which are what you could find below.
In the meantime, let us not forget what Our Lady promised to Blessed Alan de Roche which are as follows:
15 PROMISES OF OUR LADY TO THOSE WHO PRAY THE HOLY ROSARY
- Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.
- I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
- The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
- The Rosary will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire for eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
- The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
- Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
- Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
- Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
- I shall deliver from Purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
- The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
- You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.
- All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
- I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
- All who recite the Rosary are my sons and daughters, and brothers and sisters of my only Son Jesus Christ.
- Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.
Take care and let us keep on having a loving and trusting filial recourse to Our Lady by praying the Holy Rosary daily, keeping in mind the fruits of the Synod on the Family, the peace in the world, those who suffer due to diverse motives, the conversion of sinners, aside from our personal intentions.
The infographic serves as a GUIDE as well to pray the Holy Rosary.
God bless! Our Lady of the Holy Rosary, pray for us!
-Fr. Rolly Arjonillo, priest of Opus Dei, CATHOLICS STRIVING FOR HOLINESS. We are also in Facebook: www.facebook.com/CatholicsstrivingforHoliness. Hope you like our page and invite your friends as well to do so in order to help more people.
FAMOUS MIRACLES ATTRIBUTED TO OUR LADY OF THE HOLY ROSARY
THE ROSARY PROTECTS JESUIT PRIESTS FROM
THE ATOM BOMB AT HIROSHIMA 1945
On August 6, 1945 during World War II, an atomic bomb was dropped on the town of Hiroshima, Japan. 140,000 people were killed or injured. There was a home eight blocks (about 1 kilometer) from where the A-Bomb went off . This home had a church attached to it which was completely destroyed, but the home survived, and so did the eight German Jesuit missionaries who prayed the rosary in that house faithfully every day. These men were missionaries to the Japanese people, they were non-military, but because Germany and Japan were allies during WWII they were permitted to live and minister within Japan during the war.
Not only did they all survive with (at most) relatively minor injuries, but they all lived well past that awful day with no radiation sickness, no loss of hearing, or any other visible long term defects or maladies. Naturally, they were interviewed and examined numerous times (Fr. Schiffer, a survivor, said over 200 times) by scientists and health care people about their remarkable experience and they say “we believe that we survived because we were living the message of Fatima. We lived and prayed the rosary daily in that home.”
THE ROSARY FREES AUSTRIA FROM COMMUNIST RULE IN 1955
For three years, Catholic Austria went under the tyrannical rule of communist Russia after World War II. A Franciscan priest named Father Petrus remembered the story of how Christians in the sixteenth century had defeated the Turks at the Battle of Lepanto through the rosary, despite being greatly outnumbered. Father Petrus launched a rosary crusade and 70,000 people pledged to say the rosary daily for the intention of Austria becoming free from Russian rule. Although Austria was valuable to the Soviets because of its strategic location and rich resources, on May 13, 1955, the anniversary of the first apparition of Our Lady at Fatima, the atheistic Russian regime, in a completely unprecedented move, signed the agreement to leave Austria. Not one person was killed, and not even one shot was fired. Today, historians and Military strategists still cannot explain how or why the Russians pulled out of Austria.
Those devoted to the rosary of Our Holy Mother know exactly the reason. Pray the rosary for world peace!
THE ROSARY CONVERTS POMPEII FROM SATANIC INFLUENCE, LATE 1800’S
Bartolo Longo was born in 1841 to a devout Catholic family. When Bartolo grew up he decided to study law. Naples at that time was undergoing a tremendous spiritual crisis. Paganism and satanism of all sorts were abounding. Bartolo was not immune to these influences and became a satanic priest, much to the chagrin of his family who tried their hardest to get him to convert.
As satanism began to torment his mind, his family convinced him to make a good confession. Alberto Radente, a saintly Dominican priest, helped lead him back to the Catholic faith and encouraged his devotion to the rosary. Bartolo had a miraculous conversion and In 1870, he became a third order Dominican and chose to live a life in penance for all the terrible sins he had committed against the church.
One day, he nearly succumbed to the sin of despair, feeling that God could never forgive the tremendous sins he had committed against the church. At that moment he received divine inspiration and remembered the Blessed Virgin’s promise that she would help in all their necessities those who propagate her rosary.
He set out to restore the dilapidated chapel at Pompeii and promote the rosary to whoever would listen. Pamphlets about the rosary were distributed to help the people learn to pray this powerful devotion. He tried to find an image of Our Lady of the Rosary worthy of hanging in the chapel, but was only offered a worm-eaten painting with an image that he felt was coarse and not worthy of veneration, however he accepted it from the convent in which it was stored.
As Bartolo continued his work of propagating the rosary, the chapel’s membership grew tremendously and many miracles began to be associated with Our Lady of Pompeii. Cures and spiritual conversions occurred due to the devotions through this new shrine. The people pledged their support to have a large church built that would properly honor Our Lady of the Rosary.
In 1894, Bartolo and his wife gave the church over to the care of the Vatican. The original image found in the convent was restored for the last time in 1965 and Pope Paul VI crowned the heads of Jesus and Mary with diadems given by the people of Pompeii. On October 26, 1980, Bartolo Longo was beatified by John Paul II who called him ‘the man of the Madonna’ and the ‘Apostle of the Rosary’.
Pray the rosary to receive Our Holy Mother’s heavenly aid in saving souls!
PHOTO SOURCE: The original statue of Our Lady of Fatima is seen before Pope Francis celebrates Mass in honor of Mary in St. Peter’s Square at the Vatican Oct. in https://cardinalsblog.adw.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/20131014cnsbr2077.jpg (BACKGROUND REMOVED AND FLOWERS ADDED IN HONOR OF OUR LADY)