SOME TIPS ON HOW TO LIVE THE HOLY WEEK
Summary vid + full text.
Dear brethren in Christ, as we approach the Holy Week during which we celebrate the Holy and Boundless Love of Our Lord Jesus Christ shown through His Passion, Death and Resurrection, we all want to take advantage of these days to live it the best way possible.
But, HOW COULD WE LIVE THE HOLY WEEK IN THE BEST POSSIBLE WAY? The answer is in the question itself: LIVE THE HOLY WEEK IN A HOLY MANNER. There are many ways but these practical tips might help you:
- Let us make sure that we are in the state of grace (without mortal sin). If not, I encourage you to receive God’s love, mercy and forgiveness in the Sacrament of Confession;
- Say many acts of thanksgiving to Our Lord for His total love and self-giving, dying on the Cross in order to save us;
- Accompany Him closely during these days through generous prayer and sacrifice in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.
- Meditate on the Gospel passages which narrate His Passion and Death to realize how much He loves you;
- Attend the Holy Week Services on Holy Thursday and Good Friday and of course, make sure you go to Mass on Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday.
- You may also want to visit Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament on Holy Thursday in different Churches, the so-called, visita Iglesia, and thank Him for remaining with us till the end of time out of love for us, and adore His True, Real and substantial Presence in the Holy Eucharist.
- Struggle to live a holy life, avoiding sins which are the cause of Christ’s Passion and Death;and practicing the virtues.
- Say many acts of love, of contrition and of atonement.and reparation for our sins and those of the entire humanity.
- Accompany the above acts of piety with corporal and spiritual works of mercy. Make life pleasant to the people around us, especially those who are in need.
- If you’re going to participate in a procession or see one, offer up the tiredness, and in some cases, as in Seville, the inconveniences brought about by it for the entire Church, the conversion of sinners, in reparation for sins, for those who are suffering for whatever motive etc. We may also offer up small daily sacrifices for the same intentions.
As you can see, these tips are very much compatible with the much needed vacation and rest during this Holy Week, which are ok, as long as we do not forget the real significance of the weeklong festivities.
May God bless you and your loved ones and MAY YOU LIVE THESE DAYS OF THE HOLY WEEK IN A HOLY MANNER and may you have a good week’s rest as well!
Cordially inviting you to like and follow www.facebook.com/Catholicsstrivingforholiness and share our posts to help more people in their Catholic faith and life. Thanks and God bless! Fr. Rolly Arjonillo