The Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the
12 Promises of Our Lord Jesus Christ.
Dear brethren in Christ, as we this Friday is the 1st Friday of the month, dedicated to the devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, perhaps it would be fitting to know what the devotion entails.
God chose ST. MARGARITA DE ALACOQUE to spread the devotion to His Sacred Heart after having received private revelations from Jesus. At one point, Jesus appeared to her saying: “LOOK AT THIS HEART WHICH HAS LOVED MEN SO MUCH, AND YET MEN DO NOT WANT TO LOVE ME IN RETURN. THROUGH YOU MY DIVINE HEART WISHES TO SPREAD ITS LOVE EVERYWHERE ON EARTH.”
Pope Benedict XV canonized her on 13 May 1920. In the Bull of canonization an explicit mention of the PROMISE OF FINAL PERSEVERANCE (dying in the state of grace) to those WHO:
- GO TO HOLY MASS AND WORTHILY RECEIVE THE HOLY COMMUNION ON THE FIRST FRIDAY OF NINE CONSECUTIVE MONTHS;
- WITH THE INTENTION OF REPAIRING FOR THE SINS COMMITTED AGAINST HIS MOST SACRED HEART.
Our Lord Jesus Christ revealed to St. Margaret Mary 12 PROMISES to those who have a sincere and loving devotion to His Sacred Heart. These promises are listed below:
- I will give them all the graces necessary in their state of life.
- I will give peace in their families and will unite families that are divided.
- I will console them in all their troubles.
- I will be their refuge during life and above all in death.
- I will bestow the blessings of Heaven on all their enterprises.
- Sinners shall find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
- Tepid souls shall become fervent.
- Fervent souls shall rise quickly to great perfection.
- I will bless those places wherein the image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored and will imprint My love on the hearts of those who would wear this image on their person. I will also destroy in them all disordered movements.
- I will give to priests who are animated by a tender devotion to my Divine Heart the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
- Those who promote this devotion shall have their names written in my Heart, never to be effaced.
- I promise you in the excessive mercy of my Heart that my all-powerful love will grant to all those who communicate on the First Friday in nine consecutive months, the grace of final penitence: they will not die in my disgrace, nor without receiving their Sacraments. My Divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.
Cordially inviting you to like and follow www.facebook.com/CatholicsstrivingforHoliness and share our posts to help more people in their Christian faith and life. Thanks and God bless! Fr. Rolly Arjonillo.
AUDIO CREDIT AND SOURCE: William Byrd – Civitas Sancti Tuiby The Tudor Consort is licensed under a Attribution 3.0 International License in http://freemusicarchive.org/music/The_Tudor_Consort/Live_in_Concert/02_Civitas_Sancti_Tui