MAY 13. OUR LADY OF FATIMA.
HIGHLIGHTS OF OUR LADY OF FATIMA’S MESSAGE
MOTHERS ALWAYS WANT THEIR CHILDREN TO BE HAPPY.
This evident fact stems from their TRUE LOVE towards them. So when their children go a bit astray from the right path, they do not hesitate to tenderly call their attention with an authentic maternal concern. This is, to my opinion, the reason behind all the apparitions of Our Mother Mary throughout these centuries: FOR LOVE OF US, OUR MOTHER MARY WISHES TO BRING US BACK TO THE FOLD OF HER SON, OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, SO THAT WE MAY OBTAIN THE GRACE OF SALVATION AND THUS, ETERNAL HAPPINESS, which is the best thing a man can long for and attain.
The message of Fatima is, which is essentially that of the Gospel, can be summarized into 4 points:
- PERMANENT CONVERSION, knowing that “The greatest obstacle to man’s journey towards God is sin, perseverance in sin, and, finally, denial of God (St. John Paul II, Homily in Fatima, May 13, 1982).”
- Life of PRAYER, including that of the HOLY ROSARY;
- REPARATION not only FOR OUR SINS BUT FOR THOSE OF OTHERS AS WELL through SACRIFICES, thereby living the communion of saints.
- Through the CONSECRATION TO THE IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY, “She not only calls us to be converted: SHE CALLS US TO ACCEPT HER MOTHERLY HELP TO RETURN TO THE SOURCE OF REDEMPTION (ibidem),” her Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ.
Dear friends, let us THANK Our Lady for her maternal love and solicitude for our wellbeing and let us TAKE HEED of Our Heavenly Mother’s message, asking her help with filial love and devotion to put into practice what She asked from us.
Below you have the Consecratory prayer to the Immaculate Heart of Mary and the highlights of her message in Fatima.
-Fr. Rolly Arjonillo, priest of Opus Dei, of the CATHOLICS STRIVING FOR HOLINESS FB page. Kindly help more people in their Christian life by liking our page and inviting your family, friends and relatives to do so as well. Thanks in advance and God bless you and your loved ones!
CONSECRATION TO THE IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY
Virgin Mary, Mother of God and our Mother, to your Immaculate Heart we consecrate ourselves, in an act of total entrustment to the Lord.
By You we will be led to Christ. By Him and with Him we will be led to the Father.
We will walk in the light of faith, and we will do everything so that the world may believe that Jesus Christ is the One sent by the Father.
With Him we wish to carry His Love and Salvation to the ends of the earth.
Under the protection of your Immaculate Heart, we will be one People with Christ. We will be witnesses of His Resurrection. By Him we will be led to the Father, for the glory of the Most Holy Trinity, Whom we adore, praise and bless forever. Amen.
The following are the
HIGHLIGHTS OF OUR LADY OF FATIMA’S MESSAGE TO THE WORLD
copied in its entirety from http://www.salvemariaregina.info/Message.html
- PUNISHMENT OF THE WORLD: Our Blessed Mother can no longer restrain the hand of her Divine Son from striking the world with a just punishment for its many crimes.
- AMENDMENT OF LIFE: “I have come to warn the faithful to amend their lives and ask pardon for their sins. They must not continue to offend Our Lord, Who is already too much offended.”
- FIVE WARNINGS: “If my requests are not granted, Russia will spread her errors throughout the world, provoking wars and persecutions against the Church. Many good people will be martyred, there will come another great war, and various nations will be destroyed.“
- WAR: “Wars are a punishment for the sins of mankind.”
- SINS OF THE FLESH: “More souls go to Hell because of the sins of the flesh than for any other reason.”
- IMMODEST FASHIONS: “Certain fashions are being introduced that offend Our Lord very much.”
- SINFUL MARRIAGES: “Many marriages are not good; they do not please Our Lord and are not of God.”
- DAILY ROSARY: “Say the Rosary every day to obtain peace for the world. And after each decade say the following prayer: ‘O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell, and lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who have most need of Thy mercy.'”
- PRAYER AND SACRIFICE: “Pray, pray a great deal, and make sacrifices for sinners, for many souls go to Hell because they have no-one to make sacrifices and pray for them.”
- DEVOTION TO THE IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY: “God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If people do what I tell you, many souls will be saved and there will be peace.”
- FIRST SATURDAY DEVOTION: “I promise to help at the hour of death with the graces needed for salvation those who, on the first Saturday of five consecutive months, go to confession, receive Holy Communion, say five decades of the Rosary and keep me company for fifteen minutes while meditating on the mysteries, with the intention of making reparation to my Immaculate Heart.”
- WORLD PEACE: “Tell everybody that God gives His graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Tell them to ask graces from her, and that the Heart of Jesus wishes to be venerated together with the Immaculate Heart of Mary, for the Lord has confided the peace of the world to her… In the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph, Russia will be converted and there will be peace.”
PHOTO SOURCE: Taken by Luis de Oliveira, downloaded from www.santuario-fatima.pt
St. John Paul II, Homily at Mass in Fatima, May 13, 1982 in https://www.ewtn.com/library/PAPALDOC/JP820513.HTM