1st Friday of the month:
DEVOTION TO THE SACRED HEART OF JESUS.
12 Promises of Our Lord Jesus Christ.
Dear brethren in Christ, tomorrow (Feb. 5, 2016) is the 1st Friday of the month. St. Margaret Mary promoted the Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, after having received from Him private revelations. Pope Benedict XV canonized her on 13 May 1920. In the Bull of canonization an explicit mention of the PROMISE OF FINAL PERSEVERANCE TO those WHO:
- GO TO HOLY MASS AND WORTHILY RECEIVE THE HOLY COMMUNION
- ON THE FIRST FRIDAY OF NINE CONSECUTIVE MONTHS WAS MADE
- WITH THE INTENTION OF REPAIRING FOR THE SINS COMMITTED AGAINST HIS MOST SACRED HEART.
Our Lord Jesus Christ revealed to St. Margaret Mary 12 Promises to those who have a sincere and loving devotion to His Sacred Heart. These promises are listed below:
- I will give them all the graces necessary in their state of life.
- I will give peace in their families and will unite families that are divided.
- I will console them in all their troubles.
- I will be their refuge during life and above all in death.
- I will bestow the blessings of Heaven on all their enterprises.
- Sinners shall find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
- Tepid souls shall become fervent.
- Fervent souls shall rise quickly to great perfection.
- I will bless those places wherein the image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored and will imprint My love on the hearts of those who would wear this image on their person. I will also destroy in them all disordered movements.
- I will give to priests who are animated by a tender devotion to my Divine Heart the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
- Those who promote this devotion shall have their names written in my Heart, never to be effaced.
- I promise you in the excessive mercy of my Heart that my all-powerful love will grant to all those who communicate on the First Friday in nine consecutive months, the grace of final penitence: they will not die in my disgrace, nor without receiving their Sacraments. My Divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.
Cordially inviting you to visit and like our FB page in www.facebook.com/CatholicsstrivingforHoliness and share our posts to help more people in their Christian life. Thanks! Fr. Rolly A., priest of Opus Dei.